Visitation Guidelines: June 1, 2021
- Visitors must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth (no gaiters or vented masks).
- Visitors will be screened upon entry. Anyone with possible COVID-19 symptoms cannot visit.
- Visitors must stay with the patient (not go to the cafeteria, gift shop, etc.).
- People over age 65 and those with chronic illnesses who are not vaccinated should refrain from visiting.
- On occasion, visitors should remain with a patient with special needs. Secure approval of attending doctor and administrator for exceptions.
8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Two visitors a day. One visitor may be allowed a longer stay, including overnight, for patients needing extra care. Must be approved by an attending doctor and hospital administrator.
Parking is free for patients and visitors in the garage at
1501 Sumter Street.
Security officers are available to escort visitors to their cars in the Hospital parking lots. Officers also can help with minor emergencies like dead car batteries. For assistance, call Security at (803) 296-8000.
ContinueCARE Hospital at Palmetto Health Baptist
Taylor at Marion Street, 7th Floor
Columbia, SC 29220
Patient and Family Resources
Food and Vending Options
There are vending machines and a variety of other food and beverage options within walking distance or a short drive away.
Quality of Care Concerns
You may contact the Administration of ContinueCARE Hospital at any time if you have questions, concerns, or complaints by calling (803) 296-3701. Since our organization uses the Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality (CIHQ) accreditation for deemed-status, you, or your surrogate decision-maker, also have the the right to file a complaint regarding any quality of care concern or safety issue, directly to CIHQ. Click the Learn More button below or submit by mail to:
Center for Improvement in Healthcare Quality
P.O. Box 3620
McKinney, TX 75070
Attn: Chief Executive Officer
Phone: (512) 661-2813
Fax: (805) 934-8588
We love serving the city of Columbia. As the capital of South Carolina, the city is home to the University of South Carolina. Columbia also boasts wide avenues, historical sites, museums, galleries, and lively music venues. Natural amenities available in Columbia and Richland County include a national park, lake, canal, city parks and three rivers. Residents enjoy beautiful residential areas, solid business opportunities and a rich culture.
Our facility is licensed under Medicare as a long-term acute care hospital, providing care for critically ill and medically complex patients who require a longer acute care stay than a traditional hospital. There are several criteria patients must meet for admission eligibility.
We offer financial assistance to patients who have an economic need and meet the qualifications of our financial assistance policy.
We understand that pricing and billing for healthcare services can be confusing, so we provide our standard price lists to help families better anticipate and understand their financial responsibilities.
Frequently Asked Questions
One of our clinical liaisons will meet with your loved one’s care coordinator to review their medical history and current health condition. If ContinueCARE is an option, we will work to set an admission date and time that works for your family and care team.
As soon as your loved one arrives, they are assigned a case manager whose goal is to help transition them to the next level of care, based on how much progress they make during their stay.
As part of the admission process, we’ll help determine if your insurance will cover care.
Choosing an LTACH
The ContinueCARE Difference
ContinueCARE Hospital at Palmetto Health Baptist offers several unique benefits for patients and family members:
- We provide care with an interdisciplinary approach with a care team of specialists working together for optimal patient outcomes.
- Each patient will have an individualized care plan based on their needs and preferences
- We encourage family and/or caregiver participation and keep loved ones informed every step of the way